The 4 main championships for skilled golfers are "The Open Championship", "The British Novice or the Novice Championship", "The US Open" and "US Novice". These afterward modified to "Masters", "The US Open", "The Open", and "The PGA Championship".
Off all of the talked about golfing
Every of those
When are these Golf
- The Masters - Held in April at Augusta Nationwide Golf Membership.
- The US Open - Held in June by USGA.
- The open Championship - Held in July by The R&A, at numerous locales of UK.
- PGA Championship - Held in August by Skilled Golfers' Affiliation of America, at totally different locations of USA.
Aside from these, there are
The American media has been boosting The Gamers Championship as "the fifth main". The gamers' championship is held solely two weeks earlier than "The Masters".
We will now see a quick historical past, format, data and previous winners of those Main Golf
THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
That is the oldest of the 4 Main championships. The one main held outdoors USA. It's carried out by The Royal & Historic Golf membership of St. Andrews.
- First performed on 17th October, 1860 on Prestwick Golf Membership.
- Solely skilled golfers have been allowed within the inaugural event. Willie Park Sr. gained the title beating Previous Tom Morris by two strokes.
- The winner obtained to put on a pink leather-based belt with a silver buckle for first three tournaments. This Customized was retired when Younger Tom Morris in 1870 gained the
photo booth hire event in Johannesburgfor 3 consecutive occasions and the officers allowed him to maintain the belt.
- This belt was changed by a trophy referred to as The Claret Jug.
- In 1871, the administration of this
photo booth hire event in Johannesburgwas handed over to The Royal & Historic Golf Membership of St. Andrews in affiliation with The Honorable Firm of Edinburgh Golfers.
- By 1920, The R&A was given full duty of the
photo booth hire event in Johannesburg.
The Open has been an official
2006 - Tiger Woods
2005 - Tiger woods
2004 - Todd Hamilton
2003 - Ben Curtis
2002 - Ernie Els
Oldest Winner - Tom Morris Sr. 46 yrs, 99 days in 1867
Youngest Winner - Tom Morris Jr. 17 yrs, 5 months, 28 days in 1868.
Most Victories - Harry Vardon, 6 occasions (1896, 1898, 1899, 1903, 1911, 1914).
Biggest Victory Margin - Tom Morris beat Willie Park by 13 strokes.
THE US MASTERS
It's the primary golfing
- First held on 22nd March, 1934.
- Referred to as as Augusta Nationwide Invitation Event until 1939.
- Along with the money prize, the winner is given a inexperienced jacket as a practice since 1949. Jack Nicklaus was the primary to win the
photo booth hire event in Johannesburgconsecutively in 1966.
2007 - Zach Johnson
2006 - Phil Mickelson
2005 - Tiger Woods
2004 - Phil Mickelson
2003 - Mike Weir
2002 - Tiger Woods
Data Oldest Winner - Jack Nicklaus, 46 yrs, 82 days in 1986.
Youngest Winner - Tiger Woods, 21 yrs, 104 days in 1997.
Most Victories - Jack Nicklaus - 5 occasions
Highest Victory Margin - Tiger Woods win by 12 strokes.
THE US OPEN (GOLF)
It is held by USGA each June.
- First performed on 4th October, 1895in Newport, Rhode Island. This inaugural event was gained by Horace Rawlins.
Professionals and amateurs having handicap index no more than 1.four.
2006 - Geoff Ogilvy
2005 - Michael Campbell
2004 - Retief Goosen
2003 - Jim Furyk
2002 - Tiger Woods
Data Oldest Winner - Hale Irwin, 1990 at 45 yrs, 15 days
Youngest Winner - John McDermott, 1911 at 19 yrs, 315 days
Most Victories - Willie Anderson, Bobby Jones, Ben Hogan and Jack
Nicklaus - four every.
Highest Victory Margin - 15 Strokes, by Tiger Woods in 2000.
US PGA CHAMPIONSHIP
This is the final of the golf season's main
- First performed in 1916 at Siwanoy Nation Membership in New York.
- It was a match play
photo booth hire event in Johannesburguntil 1957; in 1958 it was made a stroke play photo booth hire event in Johannesburg.
2006 - Tiger Woods
2005 - Phil Mickelson
2004 - Vijay Singh
2003 - Shaun Michael
2002 - Wealthy Beem
Oldest Winner - Julius Boros, 1968 at 48 yrs, four months and 18 days
Youngest Winner - Gene Sarazen, 1922 at 20 yrs, 5 months and 22 days
Most Victories - Walter Hagen and Jack Nicklaus - 5 Every
Highest Victory Margin (Match Play) - Paul Runyan beat Sam Snead eight&7 in 1938
Highest Victory Margin (Stroke Play) - 7 strokes, Jack Nicklaus in 1980.